Born and raised in Belton, Texas, Nancy Lechuga was voted as President of the Board and Chairman of Ride for a Child in September 15, 2017.
Nancy is currently employed by Aware Central Texas as Primary Prevention Specialist. She married her best friend over 19 years ago and they have been foster parents for abused children. Nancy has personally seen and experienced the negative effects of child abuse and also the results that prevention brings.
A tenacious advocate of prevention, Nancy is a servant-leader of the community. She is a member of or have served multiple leadership positions to the following service clubs, organizations, and commitees.
- Killeen Exchange Club, Head of Child Abuse Prevention Committee
- Temple-Belton Exchange Club, President
- Belton, Temple, and Killeen Chamber of Commerce
- Central Texas Foster Parent Assoc. (CTFPA), Former President
- United Way of Fort Hood
- Central Regional Coordinator Group, Copperas Cove (CRCG)
- Community, Alternative, Resources & Empowerment (C.A.R.E. Leadership Team)
- Bell County Welfare Board
- Central Texas Regional Advisory Council (CTRAC) with S&W
- Central Texas Council of Child Protection Boards, Inc. (CTCCPB)
- Central Texas Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking Roundtable (CTDMSTR)Central Texas,
- 4C, Inc. Health Advisory Committee
- Central Texas Family Violence Taskforce (CTFVTF)Central Texas Ride for a Child Committee (CTRFAC)
- Que 4 Kids committee
Safe Kids Mid-Texas